The second crew member of the F-15 shot down in Iran has been rescued by U.S. forces

U.S. special forces rescued the second crew member of an F-15 fighter jet shot down over Iran, Axios reported citing three U.S. officials.
The crew member — a weapons systems operator — was injured after ejecting on Friday but was able to walk and hid in the mountains for over a day, avoiding capture, one official said.
The shootdown was considered one of the worst-case scenarios for the U.S. military. Meanwhile, Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps also searched for the missing American serviceman in southwestern Iran. Both crew members were rescued through special operations conducted inside Iran.
According to one official, Saturday’s mission was carried out by a special unit with heavy air support. U.S. forces engaged in intense fire, and all troops have now exited Iranian territory.
Two sources said the pilot and the weapons systems operator maintained communication after ejecting.
The pilot was rescued within hours. During that operation, Iran struck a U.S. Blackhawk helicopter, injuring crew members, though the aircraft remained operational.
It took more than a day to locate and rescue the operator.
Before pinpointing his location, the CIA conducted a deception campaign, spreading false information that he had already been found and was being extracted by land.
Meanwhile, the CIA used “unique capabilities” to locate him.
“It was like finding a needle in a haystack, except this time it was a brave American hiding in a mountain crevice,” an official said.
The US Central Intelligence Agency reported its precise location to the Pentagon, the US Army, and the White House, after which President Donald Trump ordered an immediate rescue operation.
According to two US officials, the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps also sent forces to the area to stop the rescue.
The US Air Force launched strikes to prevent Iranian forces from reaching the area.
Trump confirmed the rescue on Truth Social, calling it \"one of the most daring search and rescue operations in US history.\"
According to him, the officer was injured, but \"will recover quickly.\"
\"This brave warrior was hiding behind the enemy, in the dangerous mountains of Iran, and was being approached hourly by our enemies,\" Trump wrote.
According to a White House official, Trump was in the Oval Office on Saturdays and regularly received updates from Pat Heggett.













